For more inspiration visit www.shamarionwhitaker.com

Friday, September 9, 2011

Putting Your Life Back Together

If you've ever dropped a plate, cup or saucer, you know picking up the broken pieces can be a challenge. In fact, good luck trying to find all the pieces!

Life is sometimes like a broken cup or saucer. We all can become broken and faced with the task of putting the pieces of our lives back together. Brokenness comes in many forms, and no matter how strong you may think you are, there's a situation or circumstance that can cause brokenness in your life. "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall" (1 Corinthians 10:12).

HOW TO PUT THE PIECES OF YOUR LIFE BACK TOGETHER

GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU
"Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor" (Ecclesiastes 4:9).

I recently dropped my crockpot and it broke into pieces. My husband helped me pick up the pieces. He made sure no pieces were left behind. Not only could the broken pieces cause injuries to me, but he knew if he didn't help me, he could be the one to step on that one piece of broken glass that I may not have gathered.

When you're putting back together the pieces of your life, find a trusted friend who can help. Someone who can activate the power of God's Holy Spirit. Someone who can take you to the throne of God and petition Him in prayer on your behalf.

DON'T KEEP LOOKING BACK AT THE PAST
"...forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead" (Philippians 3:13).

It didn't take long to get over my broken crockpot. In fact, I went right out and purchased a new one. I didn't dwell on the fact that I'd lost something I'd had for years. Something that had served up many meals for me and my family. It was gone and dwelling on it wouldn't bring it back.

When you make the decision to move on and put the pieces of your life back together, don't focus on the past. Focusing on the past makes it difficult to see all God has in store for you. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11).

If you made mistakes in the past, just make sure you learned something from your mistakes. When you learn from your mistakes, this keeps you from making the same mistakes over and over. Forgive yourself, forgive others and focus on the task of picking up the pieces of your life and putting it back together.

You can live again!

Tune in Sunday to the radio broadcast and get the full lesson on "Putting Your Life Back Together."

No comments:

Post a Comment